What makes bowling shoes special is that they’re specially designed to give you a nice glide. However, even the best of them can stick depending on the conditions of the bowling alley’s play area. This is where the best bowling shoe slider comes in.
These add-on accessories that you’re meant to wear on top of your bowling shoes are engineered to provide them a nice boost when they’re feeling quite tacky for one reason or another. They’re very affordable as well as easy and convenient to use.
So if you often have issues with your bowling shoes throwing off your posture and game, you might want to give these accessories a shot. Not only can they extend the lifespan of your bowling shoes but they can also make your athletic footwear more adaptable to various play area conditions.
# Top-rated Bowling Shoe Slider Comparison Chart
# Top 6 Best Bowling Shoe Slider Reviews
Like any other product out there, you have quite a few options when it comes to these bowling accessories. If you don’t know where to start looking, here are our bowling shoe slider reviews that should help point you in the right direction.
1. Brunswick Shoes Slider
To start our list of the best bowling shoe slide socks, let’s first take a look at the Brunswick Shoes Slider. A popular choice for lots of bowlers who find themselves having issues with their bowling shoes, it offers durability and ease of movement.
What could be the most notable thing about this item is its price tag. It’s the most affordable listed here so if you’re not sure you want to spend money on such an accessory, this could be the friendliest pick for you.
Is it worth the price? Definitely. Its suede construction gives it a nice glide that can outperform some brand new bowling shoes. It also has a thicker sole than other brands, so you’re promised that it will last longer than many others.
As for its fit, it’s designed to fit most sizes. The manufacturer notes that it can fit shoes that are sized 5 in women’s up to size 14 in men. Its roomy elastic and nice length guarantee such.
With all of these and a 1-year warranty, it’s certainly a solid pick for lots of bowlers.
Why We Recommend It
- 3 colors to choose from. You don’t have to worry too much about losing the visual appeal of your footwear as this add-on can totally make up for it.
- Designed to fit women’s 5 to men’s 14 shoe sizes. There’s no need to worry about sizing.
- 1-year limited warranty. Quality is guaranteed despite its very low price.
- Secure fit. It won’t throw you off your game because it will fit your shoes snugly.
- Thicker sole than other brands. Again, quality is guaranteed with this pick.
- Good price. With its quality and price, it’s practically a steal already.
- Some folks needed to get used to it. It can be too slippery for some folks, so caution and a bit of getting used to are needed.
2. Bowlingball.com Bowling Shoe Slider
If your priority is quality, then the Bowlingball.com Bowling Shoe Slider would be a solid pick for you. Despite being a store brand item, its quality and performance are comparable to name brand products, making it worth looking into.
Why do people give this item a shot? Most folks like that it has a very long slider. It can cover up to the midsole of most shoes which is what people with large-sized feet need. Some slider socks barely cover past the toes, so its slider length is a good plus.
Those who aren’t big fans of displaying a large bowling brand logo on their sliding foot might also find this item more preferable. While it still has the Bowlingball logo and website prominently displayed on it, at least you’re not exactly wearing an actual brand.
Why We Recommend It
- Extra long slider. It can cover more area on your outsole.
- Simple design. It won’t interfere much with the look of your bowling shoes.
- Good quality. Its quality is comparable to more expensive brands’ slider socks.
- Smooth slide. It does a great job in boosting the glide of your bowling shoes.
- Some find it to be very slippery. On well-maintained approaches, this can be the case. But if you play on an alley with good facilities, there’s little chance that you’ll need such accessories anyway so this shouldn’t be an issue.
- A bit pricier than name brands’ sliders. For a store-brand item, this bowling shoe slide sock can be a bit pricey.
3. Ebonite Shoe Slider
Those who prefer to get slide socks from a bowling brand should also check out the Ebonite Shoe Slider. Made from napped flannel, this item offers to boost your slide foot’s movement without a hitch.
Like the item listed above, the Ebonite Shoe Slider offers generous coverage. It covers the entire sliding pad in most people’s shoes so it can easily guarantee better movement.
Lots of users also liked it for its very simple design. It won’t cover much of the upper of your bowling shoes, so you don’t have to worry about hiding its look while you’re playing.
Unfortunately, its material is a bit thinner than what other brands use. As a result, it can wear down faster.
Why We Recommend It
- Great slide. It’s a popular pick for its good performance.
- Generous coverage. It’s designed to cover the entirety of your sliding pad.
- One size fits most. You don’t need to worry about finding the right size for your feet.
- Thinner than other brand’s. Heavy players might find themselves in need of replacing it after a while.
4. Storm Shoe Slide
The Storm Shoe Slide is another bowling shoe slider cover that you should check out especially if you want to be absolutely certain that its bottom will cover the entirety of your bowling shoes’ sliding pad.
With its design, it guarantees to cover the majority of the outsole of your bowling shoes. As a result, you can be sure that you’ll slide better. This is especially true if worn out sliding pads are the reason why you can’t get the glide you need from your footwear.
Its friendly price tag is also another reason why you should give it a shot. A lot of other accessories of this kind are priced way higher so it can be a budget option for many.
Unfortunately, the manufacturer does not note what material they use for its construction. However, it’s still has a good slide so it can always be worth a try.
Why We Recommend It
- Good sliding pad coverage. It has a lengthy sliding bottom so you don’t have to worry about how much of your shoe’s sliding pad will be covered.
- Consistent slide. You’ll get the same gliding motion with these sock slides no matter what the approach conditions are like.
- Very friendly price. It’s a very affordable pick, considering that it comes from a reputable brand.
- The material used is not specified. If you’re very particular about this detail, you might need to take extra steps to find out what this product is made from.
- Some width issues for the biggest shoe sizes. Like lots of other sliders, they don’t necessarily have the best fit for very large and very wide sizes.
5. Brunswick Offense Shoe Slider
A fan of Brunswick but want a different option from the item listed above? The Brunswick Offense Shoe Slider, Black is something you can also check out.
Like the other ten pin bowling shoe sliders on this list, it offers consistent and easy slide for those who play in bowling alleys with less than stellar approach conditions. However, what sets it apart, particularly from the other Brunswick item listed here, is its material.
Instead of being made from suede, it’s made with napped flannel. So if you prefer that material, you don’t really have to look at other brands anymore. With this, you can stick to Brunswick and be guaranteed of the brand’s reliable quality and performance.
Note, however, that it’s a bit pricier than the others on this list. So if you want the most economical choice, our other Brunswick might suit you better.
Why We Recommend It
- Napped flannel material. This guarantees a smooth glide.
- Good coverage. It will cover most of the outsole of your bowling shoes to ensure a good slide.
- Quality construction. You can wear this accessory for quite a while as it’s rather sturdy.
- One size fits most. With this, you have one less detail to worry about.
- Slightly pricier than others. If you want the cheapest option, you might have to look at the other items on this list.
6. KAZE SPORTS Bowling Shoe Slider
It’s highly likely that you’ve already heard of the Kaze Sports Bowling Shoe Slider as it is possibly one of the most popular options available. While its manufacturer might not be as popular as the other brands mentioned above, it’s still worth checking out for its glowing reviews.
What could’ve made this item very popular is its choice of materials. Made of corduroy and dacron, it guarantees top-notch quality. While a lot of slider socks rip in the seams, this one doesn’t seem to have the same problem. It’s also thick enough to last a long while.
It also gets good feedback because of its fit. Even those who wear larger sizes find it big enough to accommodate the length and width of their feet.
Why We Recommend It
- Will fit large sizes. Most bowlers with large feet struggle to find sliders that fit them, so this is a nice detail.
- Durable material and construction. It won’t wear out as easily as others.
- Great price. It’s very affordable.
- Not as sleek in terms of appearance compared to the other slide socks mentioned above. The corduroy makes it look a bit bulky. It doesn’t affect its performance; however, so this will not be a problem for most people.
# Things to Consider Before Buying Bowling Shoe Sliders
Still can’t choose among your options, here are a few things that you should keep in mind when selecting a good bowling shoe slider that won’t stick.
Like with any purchase, you’d want your shoe sliders to last a while, so be very particular with the quality of the item you’ll get. Take a close look at its materials and construction as they will need to stand a lot of wear and tear.
Not all slide socks glide well, so you have to also look closely at how these things work.
# Your Shoe Size
Since most bowling shoe sliders come in a one-size-fits-most sizing, you have to be careful if you have really large or small feet. There are many instances where they can be too small if you wear sizes 13 and bigger. In such cases, maybe investing in interchangeable sole shoes might be a better option for you.
# Interchangeable Soles vs Bowling Shoe Sliders
While bowling shoe sliders are more economical options than interchangeable sole bowling shoes, there are cases where they’re just better picks. If you want to take bowling seriously, you should look at this topic carefully.
# Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
Q. What does a bowling shoe slider do?
A. In the simplest of terms, bowling shoe sliders are the sock-like accessories that bowlers put on top of their shoes to boost the slide of their footwear. These items can be used for a wide variety of reasons. Some examples are the following:
- They play in different bowling alleys, so the conditions of the play area vary largely.
- The climate in their area tends to change the conditions in the approach, depending on the time of the year.
- They’re easier to use than having to switch up sliding soles.
- They can be used on both athletic type and performance type bowling shoes.
Q. How to clean bowling shoe slider?
A. It’s tough to find information on how to clean bowling shoe sliders as they don’t usually come with directions or any information on how to use the accessory. However, lots of people just opt to wash it by hand or in the gentle cycle of their machines.
To avoid ripping them apart in the wash, separate them from other items that have hard and sharp components. You should never wash the sliders with your own clothes as well since they’re dirty from touching the bowling alley’s floors.
Some folks also just opt to brush out the bottom when it gets dusty. However, if oil gets into it, such a technique might not prove to be very useful.
# Final Thoughts
Finding the best bowling shoe slider doesn’t have to be a tough task if you know what you need and which products are great options. We’re confident that this guide helps in pointing you in the right direction, so make sure to consider our tips and recommendations carefully.
Last update on 2020-06-02 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API